Woo Hoo!! - Day 4

I hopped on the scale this morning and I am down 7 pounds!!! 7! Can you believe it?! Ok, so most of this is water weight and weekend overeating bloat but I don't care... New weight: 191

Talk about motivation right there. Seeing a loss was very significant on my "I can do it" mentality.

This day was a little different because I had to go to my nephew's graduation. So my boyfriend went and got us some coffee (oh ya, I can have coffee as long as it is black). We went over to the graduation ceremony and watched my nephew get his high school diploma. Afterward my family went to lunch... not me. I couldn't get to work fast enough. I am so not ready for temptation. I will deal with that later...tonight. Ugh!

I ate strawberries a little later in the day but that is ok. I had leftover chicken and lettuce for lunch and boy was that chicken dry. I choked it down.

After work we went over to my sister's house for a pre-father's day celebration for my dad before my parents headed back home. I walked in the house and my sister had made chile verde...my absolute favorite. The smell was amazing. My boyfriend had gotten me a steak and a cucumber to make me so I wouldn't be tempted. He grilled my steak and cut up my cucumber and we all ate at the same table. My daughter wanted my food and its funny because I wanted hers. Afterward everyone had brownies, but me. But let me tell you, that is the best smell ever... fresh baked brownies. Or at least they smelled even better than they ever have because I couldn't have any.

I texted my best friend throughout the night complaining the whole time. She said something that has stuck in my head since... "skinny tastes better than that (insert food item here)". How true that is... I've never been thin. My whole life I have struggled with my weight. I would love to see how it feels to be thin. I will always be just a little heavy and have curves, but I'm ok with that. I just want to feel good in my own skin. I feel like a skinny girl trapped in a fat body. I'm pretty, I'm outgoing, and confident... now if only I can get my body to match up with that I would be ecstatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment